Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Shepherd's Voice




When I was fresh from God
the sound of fear rang in my ear
my own voice as life hit me and I cried.

As I grew through the years
the chorus of temptation
beckoned me to come and sing a part.

The confusion that the bustle brings,
the pretty song the siren sings,
the sound of teeth against forbidden fruit.

                                                                                    A fallen man who screams in pain;
a groaning earth beneath the strain.

Who could hope to ever hear the truth?

But Jesus was the name
that rolled from my mother's tongue...    
...and settled in my heart.

So you see what I'm listening for,
through all the noise,
a whisper in my ear--




The Shepherd's Voice






adapted from Ricky Skaggs








No comments:

Post a Comment