Monday, May 30, 2016

The Sound of Silence









Whether it is the deep growl of my old 302,












the rolling roar of a dark summer sky,











or the wind whipping through my hair as I ride down a long hill,











I enjoy so much of this life.






When the pleasures and thrills roll to a quiet stop in the still of the night, I find myself at peace and yet somehow uneasy with the sound of silence.



Slow at first, gradually increasing in intensity, the empty void becomes deafening. As I unconsciously rise, I find myself gazing into the immense starry sky.





So scanty my pleasures, so small my life, so short my existence.


Why am I reaching to the sky?






"If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” 

C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment