Friday, March 16, 2018

Shadows of the Dawn


                                                                    A world away and still not far
Like fabric woven into ours
The dawn, it shot out through the night
And day is coming soon






The kingdom of the morning star
Can pierce a cold and stony heart
It's grace went through me like a sword
And came out like a song


Now I'm just waiting for the day

In the shadows of the dawn


But I won't wait, resting my bones
I'll take these foolish roads of grace
And run toward the dawn
And when I rise and dawn turns to day



I'll shine as bright as the sun
And these roads that I've run will be wise





It's veiled and stands behind the shroud
The final day when trumpets sound
Sometimes I glimpse into the fog
And listen for the song




Till then I'm waiting for the day

In the shadows of the dawn


I met a ghost deep in the valley
And then a river came in view
And the water, I drank it down
And inside me—

The valley came bursting into bloom


#Grayhavens #cancer#nancyborowick#Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment